Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Most recent update

Went back to my OB today. I have scheduled my sonos with him for the rest of the pregnancy. He said the 9-10 amnio fluid number is good if it stays at that rate. He said I need to be prepared to go on bed rest at any time, but said he can give me 2-3 days warning to clean my office out and hand off my work.

I also need to be prepared, worst case scenario, that I might need to go into the hospital if my fluid levels drop and stay there for two days at a time until the fluid levels go up. If they do not go up after hospital stays they may need to do an early delivery. Obviously the hospital stuff is a worst case scenario. I am at the mercy of my amniotic fluid levels.

In other news, my fundal measurements went up over 4 cm in one week. Now I am measuring exactly at 32 weeks, right on target. I was over 3 weeks behind on my belly measurements a week ago. I also gained 5 pounds since last week. Hopefully things are turning the corner.

We also asked about my delivery date and he said that he does not imagine I will make it past 38 weeks. Guess what 38 weeks is. Christmas Eve. Yep, that stinks.....

In essence, I need to be ready to have Annaleigh in 4-5 weeks. I can also start trying exercises at home to try and make her flip out of the breech position. He said we will discuss making her move at 37 weeks. So, it is just a waiting game.

I feel so much better about everything after my appointment today. My doctor has a way of making me feel better and more comfortable with what is going on with my baby and body. I still need to take care and be patient, but it looks like our little girl will be in my arms in less than 6 weeks.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. My cousin dealt with the same thing with her fluid levels with both of her pregnancies and both babies were fine. Just some encouragement!