Wednesday, December 24, 2008

5 days to go!!!

Well I can not believe we are here. My last weekly update post. I go in on Monday morning at 6AM for pre-op my 7:30 AM C-section. Just in case though, I have to get a fetal monitor test on Friday AM while he is doing another C-section since I did not get two sonos this week. He said it should be fine, but in case the baby is in some distress, we will have the C-section Friday. I don't think that will happen, but just in case I am not allowed to eat or drink after 12 on Thursday or Sunday. No fun for me!!!

Today was also my last day at the office for 12 weeks. As awesome as it was, I was surprisingly sad to say bye to everyone for that many weeks. I really do like my job and the people I work with ALOT. They have been so awesome and supportive over these 9 months. My office was so barren. It almost felt like I was quitting, but I know I am not. It was kind of weird to turn off my computer and light and empty my office of stuff I wanted to take home. Strange I know. Probably just being stupid!!

Also, my mom and dad and brother are here in Dallas!!! Mom got the go-ahead from the doc on Monday to fly, and she was here by 10 PM that night. Jarrett and dad left yesterday AM for an 18 hr drive and got in at midnight last night. I was so worried they would not make it in time for the birth, but knowing they are here is a huge relief. I can't wait for Annaleigh to meet ALL her grandparents, uncles, and aunt.

Well here is what the little one is doing this week. I was 38 weeks preggers as of yesterday.

38 WEEKS!!!!

How your baby's growing:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments: