Saturday, December 13, 2008

36 weeks (almost 37). Almost there.

It is hard to believe that on Monday I will only be two weeks away from seeing my little princess.

Went to the doc twice last week again. She is growing great now. In less than a month she has gained almost 2 1/2 pounds. She now weighs 6 lb 4 oz. I saw some chubby cheeks and the tech noted her full head of hair (almost half an inch!) I can not wait to see if it is blond or brown. Justin was a blond as a child :o). She is still breech, but a new kind of breech. Now she is footling breach (feet down) so now she stomps on my bladder. What that means is if my water breaks I need to get the L&D immediately. There is a higher risk of cord prolapse where the cord can come first and be pinched off. Very rare, but dangerous.

The C-Sections has been tentatively scheduled for the 29th unless things start progressing and it needs to happen sooner. Either way....we are super close.

The house is coming together. I really need to pack my overnight bag ASAP. I do not want to leave it up to the man to be responsible for my clothes!!

Besides that here is what happened to my little Annaleigh on Week 36.

36 weeks!!


Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

No comments: