Friday, December 19, 2008

37 weeks!!

I am few days behind but on Tuesday I passed the 37 week mark. Crazy!! I can not believe it. I was supposed to see the doc on Wednesday but he had some major emergency with one of his patients so they decided to go ahead and cancel my appointment until Tuesday the 23rd. According to the sonos I had last week, I am not showing sides of any dilating, so I guess he felt he could wait to see me. I have a sono on Monday and see the doc on Tuesday and those should be my last appointments until we deliver on the 29th!

Here is what is going on this week!

How your baby's growing:

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

No comments: