Monday, September 1, 2008

The best family and friends in the world (and week 22)

Well, I had a nice week this past week. Work was productive and just busy enough to make the days go fast. I spent a lot of time with my in-laws this week, mostly my mother-in-law and Justin's aunt Susan (as well as a close family friend Pam).

One day this past week Janet and Justin met myself and Pam for lunch downtown. Ironically, Pam and I work in the same building downtown. We had really yummy Mexican food in Uptown. Then on Saturday I had a girl's day out.. I slept in late and around noon, Susan and Janet and I saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 and then got deluxe pedicures. I almost fell asleep in the chair. It was awesome. Then I cam home and Justin and spent some quality time together.

On Sunday morning I was not feeling all that well, but started feeling better that afternoon. I went to buy a maternity swim suit as nothing fits anymore ans then hung out at the in-laws pool and the whole family went to dinner. Justin's brother, Jeff, is about to go to Hawaii for four months (jealous anyone?!?!?) so everyone went to dinner, except for Justin, because he was at work.

Today I did absolutely nothing. I had grand plans to work on the house, yet nothing happened. Justin and I are both off Saturday-Monday next week so I think we are going to spend nice time together, but also work on the house and baby stuff. I am going to take a day off to spend time together. We may go register one day that weekend. That will be a lot of fun!

Tomorrow is the 22 week mark, and I have been feeling extremely pregnant as of late. I am "rolling" out of bed more often then sitting up. I making a minimum of 2-3 bathroom visits a night. Mobility is beginning to suffer. But most importantly, I am feeling the baby kick more regularly and I feel her move around alot. It is an absolutely amazing feeling. I am so blessed to be experiencing this. It was always a huge fear of mine that I would not be able to conceive a child, so to know that this is real is incredible. Justin has felt her kick once and now he is checking all the time. It is so cute!!! He is so excited to be a daddy.

I have a dr appointment Wednesday and it should be a big one as he is going to check on the possibility of natural child birth and making sure that everything is progressing nicely in terms of delivery needs. In honor of tomorrow, below is the 22 week update on my princess:

22 weeks!!

How your baby's growing:

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

No comments: