Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Last week or so.....

So the last week or so has been eventful. I have seen a couple of old friends, ironically, both from the DC area. Both were my bridesmaids. We had a great time visiting each of them. I also found out I get to be bridesmaid. I can not wait!! The wedding is in June so I will have 4 1/2 months to get back into pre-baby shape. That is great gym motivation if I ever heard of one!

Outside of that, nothing crazy has happened. I go to the doctor in a week for another check up. Work is the same.

I did get some baby freebies the last week or so. I got a stroller and changing table from a friend from work and our dear family friends gave me very cute baby girl clothes (as well as maternity pants I can wear to work). I think Justin and I are narrowed in on a crib and bedding. We hope to register and start picking out all the fun baby stuff in a couple of weeks. It is nice to start getting an image of bringing our little girl home and the idea of Justin and I experiencing the joy of being parents together.

Speaking of Justin I realize how lucky I am more and more every day. He has been such an amazing husband the last 5 years and is only more so now taking care of me. After 9 years together I love him more every day. I see how amazing a father he is going to be every time he talks about his little girl. I can not wait to see his princess have him wrapped around his finger....because all us girls do it.

In terms of my little one, this is what she is up to this week.

21 weeks!!

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

No comments: