Tuesday, September 16, 2008

24 Week Update

Well I had a more or less uneventful week last week. Just went to work and hung around the house. On Saturday I was waiting for Ike to strike my house. Before Ike rolled through Dallas, I went to my cousin Lindsay's shower. She is due in just a few weeks and she looks great. She had some adorable stuff!! I was definitely taking notes for some ideas :o) After that I got home and watched the edge of the storm roll in. It was not that bad, escept that the tree we finally got the builder to replace 5 days earlier was looking as if it was about to uproot. In fact the two trees across the street did. Luckily, it did not! Outside of that our neighborhood was very lucky as the storm went a little farther east.

I have had a lot of friends displaced by this or without power. To all my Houston buddies and my Galveston friend, I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Keep safe!!

I worked hard on the house Sunday after I woke up not feeling well. It is starting to come together. Of course I was exhausted after that. Yesterday I thought my allergies were bad, but I think it may be more than that. I was not able to sleep hardly at all. I feel like I have a cold bordering on a sinus infection. What hurts is my ears. They are throbbing. I just made an appointment to see my doctor. I am miserable. Hopefully they can do something for me....

On the baby news:

She moves more and more every day. Justin got to feel a good hard judo kick two days ago. He was suprised by how hard it was. I know I will get a little tired of it later, but it is fun and reassuring to have her moving around.

Here is what is going on this week.

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments: