Tuesday, September 9, 2008

23 weeks!

Well, one more week down. As I mentioned previously, Justin and I got to spend 3 whole days together. I took Monday off and we spent some quality time together. We need to enjoy these days while we can!!

We had a really productive weekend. We worked on the house on Saturday to get ready to work on the nursery. We still have a lot to do, but we are getting there. At 4 we watched the A&M game, as it was actually on TV. On Sunday we both went to church and I started feeling really bad. My hips and back muscles had a constant dull pain. So we watched some movies and the Cowboys game. I was very uncomfortable all day. On Monday Justin and I ate a late breakfast at a cute cafe in Downtown Wylie and then we went and began the baby registry process. It is so completely overwhelming how much stuff there is.....Justin and I had a hard time just knowing where to begin. Thank goodness for online registry maintenance. I have a feeling we will be adding/deleting as we get an idea what the heck we are doing :o). After that we went to a late afternoon movie, and we were one of 4 people in the theater. After Justin's parents got home from their trip we went to dinner. It was a really fun 3 day weekend with the hubby. We do not get to do this very often.

On the baby front:

Last Wed, I went for my full physical exam and got some good news. I am not forced to have a c-section or does he see any delivery issues due to my spinal and hip alignment. In fact he said "you have room for two." I told him, he was insane. I think the big thing was my weight gain. They did not say anything, but I gained almost gained 5 pounds in two weeks.....I am supposed to gain 1 pound a week. I imagine if I have another month (or two weeks like that) I will be hearing about that from the doc.

One other thing. She is kicking and moving like crazy now. Justin can feel her all the time now. I believe I do have a very active baby....that could be fun later.

This is the update for the week - Week 23.

How your baby's growing:

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I gained 7 pounds in one week during my second trimester. Seriously.

Don't worry about it - your body knows better than you do, and it will probably dramatically slow down once you're a little bit into the third trimester.

Registering is so much fun!

Lindsay said...

I would say that registering took us 4-5 in-store trips plus countless hours of internet research and adjustment - it is a lot! Who knew something so small needs so much stuff!