Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Very uneventful week

Good afternoon all!

Well, I am having a very uneventful week. Work has been steady. Justin and I have worked on the house a little, and I am just resting up. Last Saturday, my beautiful, glowing cousin Lindsay and her husband Ross came over for dinner. And the women beat the boys in spades-because we are the best! Lindsay is expecting a girl at the end of October. It is really fun going through pregnancy together.

As uneventful as my work week has been so far, the baby has been very busy! (see update below). I have grand plans to clean up this blog more and add pictures soon, as I feel that I am beginning to show.

On a personal note: Justin and I are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary on Saturday. I can not believe that we met 9 years ago at The Abbott's annual July 4th party after we all graduated from High School. I look back and feel that we are so blessed to have met and grow together at an age when so many couples grow apart. If you had told me at the age of 18 I was going to meet my future husband and be married by 22 with a child on the way at 27, I would have laughed in your face. More proof, that my "plan" was not God's plan. I look so forward to enjoying the new stage of our life as a married couple with a beautiful child on January 6, 2009.

12 Week update:

How your baby's growing:

The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

Hope to have more updates on a regular basis!

No comments: