Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Heard a heartbeat!

On the baby front:

That was the most calming, wonderful sound. Made all my fears about the pregnancy to date fall to ever so small levels. After such a worrisome beginning to the pregnancy, seeing and then hearing the heart is a wonderful feeling. The doctor officially signed me off as "risk of miscarriage - small". In fact, I do not have to go see him for a month, which after seeing him every week or two weeks since May is a relief.

I am supposed to set up a test with the doctor that screens for down syndrome and other genetic defects. I have to do that in the next three weeks. Kind of scary, but they said if I bring a VHS tape I will get a video of the baby. Pretty Cool! I will be scheduling that tomorrow.


On the home front:

I have been too dang tired to try and even pretend to work on the house. So there is nothing going on at the house!!!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Jillian! Hi!

Congratulations on the baby! Having Saul has been the absolute best things that has ever happened to me, and it makes me a million times more excited for any of my friends who get to experience it.

The second trimester is the best - don't forget to sit back and enjoy it.