Thursday, January 1, 2009

Annaliegh Hayden Powell has arrived!!!

Well, we are at home! And I am moving very slowly around this house. I have to be ever so careful right now. Things seem to be healing very well right now. Here is her story!

This is a very easy story to tell, as it was a planned, perfectly executed section. However, it is still her story.

Annaleigh Hayden Powell - 8:05 AM, 6lbs 10 0z, 19 3/4 inches long.



I got to the hospital at 5 AM. Somehow Justin and I managed 4 hrs of sleep. They hooked me up to some fluids and an IV. While we waited for some blood results I signed my life away. At 7:15 or so in the morning, my anesthesiologist came by and talked about my options. He said due to the low risk nature of the section, an epi was all I needed. No spinal block. He said they would be taking me back in about 10 minutes. It was at this moment, I started crying, because my Justin could not come in until all that was hooked up and I was prepped for surgery. Once I got in there, the nursing staff was amazing. The doctor and his wife (who works in the office with him) was his assistant. It was so nice having her in there. She is a very calming influence. Once Justin came in, the surgery started. It was bizarre and he kept the meds coming until I was comfy. When they started pulling her out (which I could feel the change in pressure in my stomach) my doctor said she was legs first and was definitely a girl, because she proceeded to pee on everything and everyone. And then I heard her glorious cry. She has a very quiet cry at this point still. Then the doctor held just her little head above the sheet and said "say hello to mommy and daddy". I saw her beautiful, perfect face and full head of hair. I have never cried so many tears of pure joy.

They took her to the nurses, where I could see her and they worked on her for a few minutes. They got her wrapped up and Justin got to bring her over to me. It was amazing. He then got to leave and walk her to the nursery while they stitched me up. I could feel more of that, so they just put me in a twilight sleep, until they finished. It was great to kind of wind down. Justin got to hang out with her in the nursery and after a couple days of recovery, we are home. Well, that is her story. Nothing exciting, but very adventurous as I am now looking at my precious little girl.

I will add some more pictures later.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

She is beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet her. Seeing as how all of this is in recent memory for me, I will give you some time to survive the initial blast. :) Give her a kiss from the Horns!