Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Long time no write...

So a lot has happened over the last two weeks. We have just been going through the motions of 3 hr feedings over the last two weeks, and we are both very tired. However, we are enjoying every minute.

First bit of good news - her jaundice seems to be completely gone. The feedings every three hours and boosts of formula seemed to do the trick. Last Tuesday we got the go ahead to pull her off the formula, which we were glad to do because her tummy was not agreeable to the formula. However at that two week appointment she had not gotten back to her birth weight yet. I was informed I have to keep up the 3 hr feedings at that appointment for weight purposes, but we did get the clear to let her go four hours at night. Who knew that would be so exciting, but I was thrilled. Of course, she is used to eating every three hours so we are trying to break her of that. We were able to get her to do 2 straight 4 hr feedings last night for the first time! I was so excited.

A couple of days ago, she started acting like her stomach was really bothering her and she was also acting a little colicky. Well, today at her weight check, we talked to the doc and we think it is what I have been eating. I have been trying to eat better, so I have been eating a lot of veggies and beans for protein levels. Well, duh, Jillian - gassy for me=gassy for baby. We are going to see if that resolves itself on its own in the next few days by what I eat. Cross your fingers that is all it is.

At her weight check last week she was only 6lbs 7oz, but today she was up to 6lb 150z. She gained 1/2 pound all on my nursing only! The doctor said that was very impressive. She said to keep up the three hour day feedings, but I am going to use my judgment. I am tired of waking a sleeping baby to force a feeding. I will not let her go past 4 hrs though. We are just going to use our best judgment.

Other than that, she has been much more aware as of late. She is awake longer and follows us around more. I think she is used to our voices, because when we are in the room she seems to be calmer. I am loving this little princess!

Below is a picture we took a few days ago. We decided to give her a bath and then blow dry her hair. The picture below was the result of her hair drying. We laughed for 10 minutes straight. Especially with the look on her face! I hope to write more as I get more energy.

No comments: