Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week in Review and 16 weeks!

Hello everyone. This past week was a lot of fun. I went to College Station and stayed with my dear friends Larry and Lauren and their adorable little boy, Ethan, while I went to a wedding. After the wedding of my former coworker in Caldwell, I just took it easy and hung out with my friends. While I was there I bought a couple of baby/maternity things for myself. I will post pictures of them tonight. They are awesome!!

I think I may have felt the baby move on Saturday, but it is kind of hard to tell. It felt like a stomach rumble localized in one small section of my belly. Also, it lasted only a second. It was surprising enough for me to stop mid sentence.

Only two weeks until the big gender sonogram. I hope he/she makes her presence known that day. This is the only time in our child's young life that it will be okay to be very free. Other than that day, I expect a very proper baby, even in the womb!

On an entertainment note, I saw The Dark Knight last night. It is incredible. I loved it. One of the better movies I have seen in a really long time. I was on the edge of my seat almost the entire time. The joker as the villains was one of the best villains I have ever seen in a movie. Bravo to that film.

Below is today's 16 week update. The time is just flying by. I hope to post a new belly pic as well next week. There is no doubt that I am pregnant now.

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

1 comment:

AdventurerMom said...

omgoodness, I miss going to college station! I'm one of the BBC moms...love your blog...see you back on the boards.
~actinglorelei