Monday, July 7, 2008

Countdown to sonogram/Doctor update!!

I went to the doctor this afternoon. Still no physical exam (fine with me). After my terrible excema for the last 4 months, I can start taking steroid cream once a day in ten days. I am very excited about that.

I also asked the doctor about nursing with my Rheumatoid Arthritis considering it is an auto-immune disease. He is pretty sure it will be fine, but the doctor is going to research it to be safe.

I was worried about my weight gain, because last month when I was there, I had gained 7 pounds in a week. I was pretty sure it was water retention, and I got confirmation of that today. I have actually lost 2 pounds since last month. So I believe that water weight has now turned into baby weight.

For the best news of all. I get a sonogram on August 6 and I get to find out if I am having a little boy or a little girl. I heard the heartbeat again and it was a strong 147 bpm.

Things are progressing very nicely and I look forward to the second trimester!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Are you hoping for a boy or girl? I thought I wanted a girl, but when we went to the sonogram, I was relieved that it was a boy. Not sure why.

Jillian said...

I think I want a boy. Justin wants a girl, but of course we do not care, as long as it is healthy.