Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My first Mother's Day (and weekend)!

It started on Friday. Justin and I both took the day off, took Annaleigh to daycare and had an "us" day. We went to the movies on Friday AM, saw Star Trek, went to lunch, went back to see Wolverine and came home. It was so fun. We had not seen a movie together in a very long time.

On Saturday it was me and the little one. We hung out and just took it easy. It was alot of fun!

On Sunday, it was a great first Mother's Day. I had a long night before, so I ended up sleeping in. Justin got up and hung out with Annaleigh so I could sleep more than normal. When I got up Justin brought me a dozen roses and Annaleigh gave me a single rose. It was so cute! Justin then proceeded to make me an awesome breakfast of eggs, bacon, biscuits and OJ. mmmmm.....


After that we put Annaleigh on her floormat and played, where she proceeded to roll from her stomach to her back for the very first time! What a big girl! Soon after we got my parents and brother on the webcam and talked to them for about 20 min. Annaleigh was talking up a storm and looking right at them the whole time. It was awesome.


After that we just goofed around the house and then went to my in-laws for the evening, where little missy decided it was time to throw a huge hissy fit. She was, shall we say, a little backed up and gassy. Nothing we could do made her stop crying. Mylicon drops did not really help all that much at first. Bicycle pumps, nothing... I almost cried as it was the worst she has ever cried for us. Sweet little girl was in pain. Luckily, the next morning Justin called me at work to inform me that "she pooped!" I was so excited about that, it was sad. Funny how things like your baby pooping makes you happier!

Overall, it was a great relaxing day and weekend with the family. I am amazed every day by how much she changes and grows. I am trying to soak up as much of her changes and milestones as possible. I do feel guilty that I am not getting to enjoy these with her all the time. However, to be a good parent, I also have to be a provider, along with Justin, for this family. So to work I go!

Below are some pics from Mother's Day night:





My favorite pic!!

No comments: