Monday, March 2, 2009

2 months old!!!

Well, it is hard to believe, but Annaleigh is officially two months old. We went into the doctors for her check-up today. She is doing great. She is still having the major congestion, but they said that is just allergies. She weighed 10lbs 5oz and was 22 inches long. She is now in the 40th percentile in weight and 45th percentile in length. Quite a jump from her 10th percentile weight 6 weeks ago.

The fun part was getting the shots. She was so happy at the doctors office. She was smiling, talking, cooing, and smiling at everyone, including all the nurses and doctors. Justin and I felt so bad because we knew what was coming...the immunizations. They did them all as seperate shots so she has 5 shots in her legs. They brought in two nurses so they could do two at a time. When they did the first shots she looked at us, pouted her lip out and then screamed hard. It was like she was saying "mommy, daddy, make it stop!" I seriously teared up during the second set of shots. It was terrible. Afterwards I consoled her and hugged her for a few minutes before getting ready to go. We did take a before the shot and after the shots picture. They are below.

When we got home she was still really mad until I fed her. Since then she was suprisingly happy, smiling, etc. She is also very sleepy. I decided while she was happy that I would do some tummy time. Within two minutes she fell asleep on her mat. I am also attaching the failed attempt of tummy time below.

Besides that, all is well. Her little personality is starting to shine through. Mommy on the other hand is getting very depressed at the thought of going back to work 3 weeks from today. I am interviewing a daycare/babysitter tonight at their house. Cross your fingers it works out. Also, I have strangely had a huge increase in my appetite over the last week. I guess I am adjusting to breastfeeding some still. It is just weird, because I had to force myself to eat after I had her. I had almost had no appetite the first few weeks I was home. Oh well. So much for losing that baby weight before ordering a bridesmaids dress.

Well, below are her new pics!

SHOTS BEFORE


SHOTS AFTER


SMILING AT MOMMY



FAILED TUMMY TIME


3 comments:

Blake said...

OMG that precious little smile with the dimples stopped me in my tracks! She is so sweet!!!!

Steph said...

What a great smile! She is so adorable!

It's hard to go back to work, but if you get a good daycare, they become like part of your family. Saul loves his teachers and they love him, and that makes it so much easier for me to be away from him. I'm sure you'll find the same for Annaleigh.

The Bynum Family said...

These are so great! I love the one with her smiling, she is so beautiful!