Tuesday, October 21, 2008

29 weeks

Nothing new to report here. Since I last wrote, I have just been going to work and resting when possible. I had a very small weight gain over the two weeks when I saw the doctor last Wed. (1.5 pounds), so I have not felt like I was expanding so much this week.

I did go shopping on Sunday to grab a couple more maternity shirts as I am starting to have the baby bump run up against the shirts I had bought a couple months ago. I just hate spending money on something I will only wear for 3 months! They are pretty cute shirts though. :o).

Annaleigh has been kicking and moving a lot more this past week. I even think she is starting to push on my stomach instead of just giving it a swift judo chop. She seems to just be squirming alot more. I think she may have moved a little because the sciatica has not been as bad the last few days. Yesterday I was walking almost completely normally. It was an awesome day. Even if it only lasts a few days, it is totally worth it.

I am in countdown mode for something besides this baby though.....
The Mavs tip-off is in 9 days! I have tickets to the season opener against Houston with my cousin Bobby, whom I went to the games with in the mid 80's at Reunion Arena. Awww...the good old days. I also just got a couple tickets to a preseason game on Thursday, but I have to find someone to go with me as my dear, sweet, wonderful husband does not like basketball. What a freak!

On that note, here is what is going on with Annaleigh this week.

29 Weeks!

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your the freak!